Triple P - Positive Parenting Program - Overview
Triple P – Positive Parenting Program is a parenting and family support system designed to prevent – as well as treat – behavioral and emotional problems in children and teenagers. It aims to prevent problems in the family, school, and community before they arise and create family environments that encourage children to realize their potential.
Being a parent may be the best and most exciting job you’ll ever have. It may also be the hardest. It’s easy for parents raising children today to feel stressed, exhausted, and overwhelmed. Triple P takes the guesswork out of parenting. It offers tips to help parents handle challenging behaviors and answers to common parenting questions. Parents are actively involved throughout the 2-hour small group format discussions.
This is one of the most effective evidence-based parenting programs in the world. Triple P gives parents simple and practical strategies to help them confidently manage their children’s behavior, prevent developing problems and build strong, healthy relationships.
What Does Triple P Do?
Triple P helps you:
- Raise happy, confident kids
- Manage misbehavior so everyone in the family enjoys life more
- Set rules and routines that everyone respects and follows
- Encourage behavior you like
- Take care of yourself as a parent
- Feel confident you’re doing the right thing
Who We Serve:
Currently, Wellroot is offering Triple P course to residents of our Family Housing Program and individuals referred to Triple P from partner agencies and self-referrals.
Triple P Classes (Level 3)
Triple P Drop in Discussion (Level 3) are classes that can be attended individually or as a series. Each one hour class focuses on one specific parenting challenge such as:
- Managing Fighting and Aggression
- Coping with Teenagers’ Emotions
- Getting Teenagers to Cooperate
- Reducing Family Conflict
- Hassle-Free Mealtimes with Children
- Developing Good Bedtime Routines
- Hassle-Free Shopping with Children
- Building Teenager Survival Skills
Questions on this upcoming series or future offerings? Consuelo Guillen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-531-3063.
Triple P Classes (Level 4)
Triple P Group (Level 4) is a great opportunity to meet other parents in similar situations – other parents who will support you and share stories with you. The signup includes ALL 5 sessions, and participants are expected to attend each session. There are about 12 parents in each group session. Usually, each session lasts no more than 90 minutes at a time. In all you will attend four group sessions (once a week). Then you will have a few weeks to practice Triple P at home. Your coach will call you every week at a set time to find out how it’s going and offer support. Those calls will last no more than 30 minutes. Finally, you will meet up with your Triple P provider for one last session. This is a chance to go over any progress and ask about any problems you encountered. Classes are offered in-person and over Zoom.
Upcoming Class Series for Triple P (Level 4)
- Date: Thursdays 6:00pm-8:00pm: 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, 12/8
- Location: The Hub, 830 Century Place, Gainesville, GA 30501
- To register for this upcoming in-person series, click here
- Date: Tuesdays 7:00pm-9:00pm: 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, 11/29, 12/13
- Location: Via Zoom
- To register for this upcoming virtual series, click here